belize

Saturday, October 27, 2012

I guess I'm not done............ December 9, 2011


After bending to tie my shoes, yesterday, I noticed a pain and a kind of pulling at my navel. As the day wore on I started feeling weak and achy and I had pink, warm spot under my navel. This morning I had a couple more red spots and now I had a little fever. My Dr. does not have office hours on Friday so she told me to go to the ER where they could take blood and give me ultra sound to see the extent of the infection. U G H! We left about one pm after I showered and packed a bag (unlike Italy) of clothes and necessities and bag with things to do.

It took about an hour to work my way back to the ER rooms. Lindy, Rory and J were in and out. Nurses, Dr. blood, IV line for iodine contrast for the CT scan. The blood tests looked good, the CT scan showed a couple of pockets of infection where my appendix used to be and at the navel. Diagnosis: cellulitis. Two antibiotics: Cipro. and Flagyl. I was out of the hospital by 6:20pm. We went to Costco for meds, picked up a sandwich at Port O Subs and then home.

I have the name of a consulting surgeon to call for an appt.

Hurray for no surgery today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment